CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Paint!

We've been repainting trim, baseboard trim, and doors to get our house ready to put on the market. I've been doing all this while the boys are napping. Carson had woken up today, and I was almost done with what I was doing, so I continued to finish up. I had a barrier up, but I decided to move it, because I was just finishing pulling the tape off the wall, and I didn't think Carson could do any harm. He had Jaden's Cars flashlight, and decided to throw it into the paint can *sigh*. While I was cleaning that up he found said paint lid. I totally forgot I had the lid out in the dining room (playroom). I have been opening the paint in the bathroom, so I didn't even think about it. I looked over to see if Carson was being good, and his hair looked funny. I said to myself, "What on earth did he get into and put in his hair?!" (because I didn't think I had anything out that he could get to, to put in his hair). I went over to him, and he was covered in paint! I got the paint off his feet and legs, and a bit off his shorts before I decided to take pictures.


He totally knew he was in trouble, lol.




It was latex based paint, but water didn't get anything out (I think maybe it was too dried into his hair by this point). I tried Chris's shampoo, waited 10 minutes, then rinsed it out (Googled that), and that didn't work. I tried peanut butter, because that gets gum out of hair, right? I left the peanut butter in for about 20 minutes, and by that time Chris was home, so he held Carson down, in the tub, while I rinsed his hair. We were both able to get the paint out, that didn't rinse out, with our fingers/nails. For over an hour I thought I was going to have to cut his barely existent hair, and I was going to cry!

No comments: